When you are in the market for a home, finding the right house is just as important as determining the right location. The A.D. Hays Group is here to help with a guide to neighborhoods in Minneapolis and the surrounding areas. Contact us today if you find a neighborhood that feels like home or even to talk through the best options for your situation!
Lowry Hill Neighborhood – Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Lowry Hill neighborhood is located west of downtown Minneapolis, enclosed by Interstate 394 on the north, Interstate 94/Hennepin Avenue on the east, 22nd Street on the south and Lake of the Isles Parkway, Logan Avenue and Morgan Avenue on the west.
The Lowry Hill area is full of remarkable turn of the 19th and 20th century homes set along tree-lined streets. In general, houses in the neighborhood were constructed in the Colonial Revival or Queen Anne architectural styles, with high-pitched rooflines, oriel windows and balustrade front porches.
Additionally, the majority of neighborhood residents rent, so apartment buildings and shared housing are common throughout the area.
Rent vs. Own
42% of properties in Lowry Hill are owned and 58% are rented.
As of January 2018, the median value of a home in the Lowry Hill Neighborhood is $561K (compared to $260K Minneapolis median), while the median list price is $925K (compared to $285K over the Minneapolis median). Over the past 12 months, the estimated home value grew by 7.7% in Lowry Hill.
3,860 people call the Lowry Hill neighborhood their home. The affluent and historic area is growing in popularity, with a population increase of 2.4% since 2010.
There are just a few schools directly located in the Lowry Hill neighborhood:
- Jefferson Elementary School – Public, Grades PK-8
- Wellstone International High School – Public, Grades 9-12
Restaurants, Shopping and Recreation
With the many local shopping, dining and recreational opportunities, you won’t need to travel far to have fun. Additionally, if you ever get bored of the immediate options, it’s just a few blocks to Loring Park and Central Minneapolis, so you’ll never run out of things to do.
Lowry Hill has plenty to offer in terms of dining, shopping and recreation. Below are a few of the more popular options that you can try out for yourself.
- Burch Steakhouse – This upscale, contemporary steakhouse offers up delicious prime cuts and specialty brick-oven pies.
- The Lowry – This hip late-night staple offers a diverse range of classic American menu items and specialty drink offerings.
- Esker Grove – A chic new spot overlooking Walker Art Center sculpture garden, Esker Grove offers up American fare and cocktails in an airy space.
- Leaning Tower of Pizza – Although technically located in Lowry Hill East, don’t pass up an opportunity to eat at the Leaning Tower of Pizza. This locally famous, long-standing pizza joint serves up delicious Italian dishes and late-night fare in a laid-back atmosphere.
- Patina – This Minneapolis boutique offers tons of unique and chic home goods products. From greeting cards to kitchen supplies to kids toys and much more, you’ll always find something interesting at Patina.
Entertainment and Recreation Options:
- Walker Art Center – One of the most visited attractions in Minneapolis is the acclaimed Walker Art Center. Visitors can view contemporary art in a variety of media from renowned masters and up-and-coming artists alike.
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden – located on the grounds of the Walker Art Center, the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is perhaps best known for its “Spoonbridge and Cherry” installation. However, the park boasts 11 acres featuring more than 40 sculptures from world-renowned artists, a conservatory and an arbor.
- Basilica of Saint Mary – This famous Minneapolis church features stained-glass windows, shrines and an art gallery. The landmark was also America’s first basilica. You can visit the church throughout the week during the normal operating hours listed on their website.
- Lowry Park – This compact but beautiful park is filled with brick paths, a grape arbor and seven cascading pools with decorative plantings.
- Parade Ice Garden – When wintertime comes, the fun doesn’t stop in the Lowry Hill neighborhood. Head to the Parade Ice Garden and enjoy three ice skating rinks, a concessions area, plus seasonal indoor soccer and lacrosse.
- Loring Park and Pond – Although it’s located in the neighborhood over, Lorig Park and Pond offers walking paths and plenty of lawn space perfect for a variety of recreational activities. With downtown juxtaposed against the natural elements throughout the expansive park, visitors can experience picturesque views throughout the year.
Ready to call Lowry Hill home? If so, contact A.D. Hays Group today. We have more than three decades of experience buying and selling homes in the Lowry Hill neighborhood. Our team of agents is ready to help you find the home of your dreams in an area that you love. We help you locate the best neighborhood for your needs, so you can have a place that truly feels like home. If you’re searching for a real estate expert in Minneapolis – contact us today. We’re here to provide you with the expertise you need!