When you are in the market for a home, finding the right house is just as important as determining the right location. The A.D. Hays Group is here to help with a guide to neighborhoods in Minneapolis and the surrounding areas. Contact us today if you find a neighborhood that feels like home or even to talk through the best options for your situation!
Wayzata is located in the western part of the Minneapolis–Saint Paul metro area. This suburb of Minneapolis is situated 11 miles to its west, on the northeast tip of beautiful Lake Minnetonka.
Wayzata is a beautiful place to live, many homes located on or near the lakes in the area. Overall, home types in the area are well-manicured, suburb-style homes.
Rent vs. Own
60 percent of properties in Wayzata are owned and 40 percent are rented.
As of May 2018, the median listing price of a home in Wayzata is $850K, while the median closing price is $500K.
4,296 people call Wayzata their home.
The school system in Wayzata is consistently ranked number one in Minnesota. There are a variety of schools serving every grade in the area, including:
- Wayzata High School
- Wayzata Central Middle School
- Gleason Lake Elementary School
- Birchview Elementary School
Restaurants, Shopping and Recreation
With the many local shopping, dining and recreational opportunities, you won’t need to travel far for entertainment in Wayzata. Below are a few of the more popular options that you can try out for yourself.
- COV Wayzata – This new American steak and seafood restaurant offers trendy, airy decor and lakeside views.
- 6Smith – A lakefront eatery offering a spacious patio and picture-perfect views, serving New American eats and craft cocktails.
- McCormick’s Pub and Restaurant – Traditional Irish pub with a warm atmosphere supplying American bar fare with a modern twist.
- District Fresh Kitchen and Bar – Head to District Fresh Kitchen and Bar and experience a spacious, modern bistro offering elevated American fare, craft beer and a lengthy wine list.
- Gianni’s Steakhouse – Satisfy your carnivorous desires at this elegant steakhouse, offering hearty American meals in white-tablecloth surroundings plus outdoor seating.
- Wayzata Bar and Grill – Where the locals go; this upbeat, neighborhood gathering spot with outdoor seating offers classic pub fare and draft beer.
- Evereve Wayzata – For mothers with a sense for fashion, head to Evereve Wayzata. This clothing store offers stylish denim, casual wear and occasion dresses, curated with moms in mind.
- J.McLaughlin – This clothing chain stocks classic fashions for men and women, along with accessories such as belts and bags.
- Candlelight Floral and Gifts – This is one of the top-ranked floral and gift shops in Wayzata, with fantastic flowers and impeccable service.
- Ridgedale Shopping Mall Center – Ridgedale Center, colloquially known as Ridgedale offers a number of different retail and dining options in their food court.
- Anthropologie – This store offers chic womenswear, shoes, accessories, home decor and wedding attire.
- Wayzata Jewelers – Wayzata Jewelers is a traditional retailer of gold, silver and diamond jewelry, with watches, estate pieces and repairs, among other product and service offerings.
Entertainment and Recreation Options
- Minnetonka Center For the Arts – Don’t let the name fool you, the Minnetonka Center for the Arts is a cool, classy space located off of Shore Drive in Wayzata. The center is home to numerous art exhibitions, classrooms, outdoor art pieces, a gift shop and even lounge area with coffee and snacks.
- Klapprich Park and Field – With a playground for kids to play on, a warming house for skaters in the winter and more, Klapprich Park and Field is great for year round recreational fun.
- Wayzata Bay Cruises on Lake Minnetonka – This gorgeous bay has a boat launch, beach and plenty of restaurants and retail options lining the shore. You could also take a public cruise on Lake Minnetonka through the company, Wayzata Bay Charters.
- Dakota Rail Regional Trail – This paved trail offers a spectacular view of Lake Minnetonka and follows the route of the former Dakota Rail Corridor through St. Bonifacius, Minnetrista, Mound, Spring Park, Minnetonka Beach, Orono and Wayzata. In Carver County an additional 12.5 miles of paved trail extends west of St. Bonifacius to Mayer.
Ready to call Wayzata home? If so, contact A.D. Hays Group today. We have more than three decades buying and selling homes in the suburb of Wayzata. Our small, expert team of agents is ready to help you find the home of your dreams in an area that you love. We help you locate the best neighborhood for your needs, so you can have a place that truly feels like home. We’d love to sit down with you for a cup of coffee and determine some of the neighborhoods you’d like to explore. Contact us today to get started!