When you are in the market for a home, finding the right house is just as important as determining the right location. The A.D. Hays Group is here to help with a guide to neighborhoods in Minneapolis and the surrounding areas. Contact us today if you find a neighborhood that feels like home or even to talk through the best options for your situation!
Part of Shorewood is located on Lake Minnetonka in Hennepin County, while also very close to Excelsior and Wayzata, as well. In addition, it’s close to the city without losing its outdoor feel, with the many parks and lakeside areas to explore.
The majority of residents own their properties, so apartments and community-style housing are limited. Overall, you’ll find upscale, affable housing with a spacious, suburban feel.
Rent vs. Own
91 percent of properties in Shorewood are owned and nine percent are rented.
As of May 2018, the median value of a home in Shorewood is $1.01 million (compared to $260K in the nearby city of Minneapolis).
Median household income in Shorewood is $123,629. In 2016, Shorewood was reported to be the richest town in Minnesota.
7,548 people call Shorewood home
There are only a few schools directly located in the Shorewood neighborhood, but there are several other top-ranked schools available to residents of the city, including:
- Wayzata High School
- Minnetonka Senior High School
- Gleason Lake Elementary School
- Deephaven Elementary School
- Excelsior Elementary School
Overall, the crime in the town of Shorewood is low. Your chances of being victim of a crime in the city is one in 2,547; in Minnesota overall, your chances are one out of 412.
Restaurants, Shopping and Recreation
With the many local shopping, dining and recreational opportunities in Shorewood, you won’t need to travel far to have fun. Additionally, if you ever get bored of the immediate options, it’s just a few blocks to several other beautiful cities like Minnetonka, Excelsior and Wayzata, so you’ll never run out of entertainment.
Many of the businesses and restaurants in Shorewood have a small town feel or are family run. Below are a few of the more popular options that you can try out for yourself.
- Tino’s Pizza – This small neighborhood pizzeria offers pizza by the slice, smoothies and other Italian fare, perfect for a quick bite or a friendly gathering of friends.
- Hazellewood Grill and Tap Room – For breakfast, weekend brunch and American grill fare, head to this comfy neighborhood spot that also features a daily happy hour.
- Joey Nova’s – Another popular pizzeria in Shorewood is Joey Nova’s, a popular counter-serve pizza joint that provides hearty NYC-style pies and slices in a casual setting.
- Caribou Coffee – This Minnesota staple serves up delicious java drinks, smoothies and teas as well as light fare and pastries.
- Shorewood Yacht Club – if you’re a mariner, head to the Shorewood Yacht Club for boat supplies and a fantastic clubhouse.
- Shorewood Cigars and Tobacco – If you’d like to enjoy a nice cigar on the Gideon Bay, head to Shorewood Cigars and Tobacco, which has the largest selection of products in the area.
Entertainment and Recreation Options:
- Lake Minnetonka – There’s always something to do on Lake Minnetonka, the largest lake in the state! Whether you’re boating, taking a public cruise or hanging out on the beach, there’s no better way to spend summer than on the lake. In the winter, enjoy ice skating, cross country skiing and snowshoeing around the area.
- Gideon Glen Park – This is a nice park located in the heart of Shorewood. With plenty of green spaces and picturesque trails, it’s a great place to enjoy the day with your family.
- Crescent Beach – When summer arrives, head to Crescent Beach to soak up some rays and enjoy the day swimming.
Ready to call Shorewood home? If so, contact A.D. Hays Group today. We have more than three decades buying and selling homes in the city of Shorewood. Our small, expert team of agents is ready to help you find the home of your dreams in an area that you love. We locate the best neighborhood for your needs, so you can have a place that truly feels like home. We’d love to sit down with you for a cup of coffee and help you determine the perfect location for your next home. Contact us today to get started!