When you are in the market for a home, finding the right house is just as important as determining the right location. The A.D. Hays Group is here to help with a guide to neighborhoods in Minneapolis and the surrounding areas. Contact us today if you find a neighborhood that feels like home or even to talk through the best options for your situation!
Throughout Minnetonka, you’ll find all types of homes, from grand mansions to lakeside bungalows to upscale town homes.
Rent vs. Own
70% of properties in Minnetonka are owned and 30% are rented.
As of April 2018, the median value of a home in the city of Minnetonka is $301,400 (compared to $260K Minneapolis median), while the median rent price sits at $1,216.
Minnetonka has a population of 51,651.
There are many schools accessible to residents in Minnetonka.
- Minnetonka Senior High School (9-12)
- Scenic Heights Elementary School (K-5)
- Wayzata High School (9-12)
- Gleason Lake Elementary School (K-5)
- Wayzata East Middle School (6-8)
Restaurants, Shopping and Recreation
With the many local shopping, dining and recreational opportunities, you won’t need to go far to find something to do in Minnetonka. Below are a few of the more popular dining, shopping and recreational options in the city:
- Christos Greek Restaurant – Bustling restaurant features classic Greek cuisine in a contemporary venue with patio seating.
- Ike’s Minnetonka – American bar and grill offering chops, seafood and specialty burgers in a casual, contemporary setting.
- Bacio – Trendy Italian eatery boasting a vibrant bar and upscale vibe, plus large paintings and stone arches.
- Gold Nugget Tavern & Grille – Classic pub and eatery offering a huge selection of craft beers, burgers and American comfort foods.
- Gina Maria’s Pizza – Gina Maria’s is an offshoot of a longtime pizza joint serving up thin, deep-dish and NYC-style pies plus subs and hoagies.
- People’s Organic – Local cafe serving organic American eats and fair-trade coffee, with wine and beer offerings.
- Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Que – This local barbecue chain serves wood-smoked meats and other comfort food in a space that harkens back to the American West.
- BLVD Kitchen & Bar – Buzzy upscale bistro serving American dishes amid rustic, exposed-brick and reclaimed-wood decor.
- YoYo Donuts, Coffee, Ice Cream – Welcoming donut shop doling out creative and classic baked bites, along with espresso drinks and teas.
- Ridgedale Shopping Center – This shopping center offers something for everyone. Directly located off I-394/US 12 between Ridgedale Drive and Plymouth Road, head to Ridgedale for everything from clothes to furniture to family fun.
- Minnetonka General Store – The Minnetonka General Store has plenty of home decor items, locally themed clothes and unique dry goods for purchase. The cafe and bistro has a variety of choices in terms of baked goods, breakfast and lunch items, and world famous coffee.
- Opitz Outlet – For a warehouse-style shopping experience, head to Opitz which features a large selection of men’s and women’s clothing, handbags and shoes.
- Lake Minnetonka – As one of the biggest lakes in Minnesota, Lake Minnetonka is the perfect place for any type of lake activity. From boating to hiking to biking and more, you’ll never run out of fun things to do!
- Shady Oak Beach – This community beach on Lake Minnetonka offers plenty of swimming opportunities, a high dive plus a playground, concession stand and volleyball courts.
- Covington Park – This sprawling park located off Manchester Street offers ice rinks (plus a warming house), playgrounds, basketball and tennis courts, a wide open field for activities, and of course, gorgeous Covington Creek.
- Lone Lake Park – Lone Lake is a beautiful park tucked in away in the southeast corner of Minnetonka. There are several walking trails through forested land and around the lake at this picturesque public city park.
Ready to call Minnetonka home?
If so, contact A.D. Hays Group today. We have more than three decades buying and selling homes in the Minnetonka neighborhood. Our team of experts is ready to help you find the home of your dreams in an area that you love. We help you locate the best neighborhood for your needs, so you can have a place that truly feels like home. If you’re searching for a real estate expert in Minnesota – contact us today. We here to provide you with the expertise you need!